Brain Tuners are based on brain wave studies using electroencephalography (EEG) technology to map different states of consciousness known as Delta, Theta, Alpha, and Beta. Delta is associated with deep sleep. Theta is associated with meditation and dream states. Alpha is associated with relaxed awareness, creativity, and heightened learning. Beta is associated with high alertness and focus.
When the Brain Tuners are simultaneously sounded – one in the left ear and the other in the right ear – the two hemispheres of the brain function together to integrate the two sounds, creating a third, different tone called a binaural beat. When the Fundamental Brain Tuner tuning fork is sounded with a Delta, Theta, Alpha, or Beta tuning fork the difference between the two tuning forks creates a binaural beat which is heard as a pulsation. The binaural beat gently signals the brain to shift into a different state of consciousness.
When we go through a 24-hour cycle, we shift into different states of consciousness determined by our life requirements. One can visualize a car that shifts into different gears as necessary to meet the requirements of the road, i.e. a low gear for pick up and climbing hills, a medium gear for slow driving, and a high gear for highway cruising. In a similar way, living our life requires shifting into “different gears” for different situations.
What are the Brain Wave States?
The following table will help you understand what state of consciousness you’re in as well as the state you would ideally like to shift into. The graphics show the EEG rhythms the brain produces in that particular state of consciousness.
- State of Consciousness
- EEG Rhythms
- Ideally For
Beta state is associated with peak concentration, heightened alertness, hand-eye coordination, and visual acuity.
- Heightened alertness
- Visual acuity
Alpha state is a place of deep relaxation, but not quite a meditation. In Alpha, we begin to access the wealth of creativity that lies just below our conscious awareness – it is the gateway, the entry point that leads into deeper states of consciousness.
- Quietly Alert
Theta is known as the twilight state which we normally only experience fleetingly as we rise up out of the depths of delta upon waking or drifting off to sleep. In Theta, we are in a waking dream, vivid imagery flashes before the mind’s eye and we are receptive to information beyond our normal conscious awareness. Theta has also been identified as the gateway to learning a memory.
Delta is associated with deep sleep and long trains of thoughts about nothingness or energy without form. During delta, we plug into our source, the Universal Energy Field, and use the energy to revitalize our mind and body.
- Detached Awareness
- Deep Sleep
Using the Brain Tuners
The Knee Tap Technique
- The method for sounding the Brain Tuners is called “the knee tap”:
- Hold your tuning forks by the stems with moderate pressure – not to tight and not to lose. Do not hold your tuning forks by the prongs because the prongs need to vibrate in order to create the sound.
- Gently tap the flat side of the tuning fork on your knee cap. Do not hit your kneecap. All it takes is a gentle firm tap and your tuning fork will sound.
- It is best to tap the Fundamental Brain Tuner on one knee and then the Delta, Theta, Alpha, or Beta Brain Tuner the other knee.
- Bring the forks slowly to your ears, about 3 to six inches from your ear canal, and listen to the sounds.
- Shifting your State of Consciousness
- Once you have mastered the knee tap method then tune into your current state of consciousness. Follow these steps:
- Consult the chart above and ask yourself what state of consciousness you would like to shift into.
- Select the Fundamental Brain Tuner and the Brain Tuner that matches the state of consciousness you want.
- Holding the Brain Tuners in your hands ready to tap, visualize and/or remember a positive experience for the state of consciousness you want.
- Tap the Brain Tuners and listen to the pulsation. Let go and allow yourself to shift.
- When the sound fades, switch the tuning forks in your hands and tap them again. Enjoy!
John Beaulieu, N.D., Ph.D
If you are purchasing more than just Biosonics products please call us for a shipping rate. We can pack your tuning forks and books into the other boxes and save you on shipping.
Shipping in Canada
For orders under $250, shipping is $23
Free shipping on orders over $250
Shipping to the USA
Shipping to the USA varies from state to state and can range from $23 and up. Please call or send us your town, state and zip code and we will give you an accurate rate.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase.
If for some reason you are not happy, please call us. We want you to love what you buy, and we are happy to work with you to find the perfect item.
If you want to return or exchange an item, you have 15 days from date of arrival to return it. Shipping is at your expense. It must arrive to us in the same condition as when it was shipped out. Once we have received your returned item, and have inspected it, we will issue a full refund.